Thursday, January 3, 2008

"The List"

So not that I am asking any of you to get me anything for my birthday, which is in 3 months and 6 days (April 9th) because I'M NOT!!! I told my friend that I would post a list of the things I like and or want. It doesn't even have to be my birthday...lol.

1. Reitmans G.C.
2. Movie passes
3. Food storage (anything really. Like flour, sugar, beans, pasta, water) I know, boring, but I want it!
4. Picture frames
5. I'd like a home made half apron. Not a full one, just a half one
6. "fun" jewelry, nothing too fancy. Something I could wear to dress up something casual
7. Church bookstore G.C.
8. I do have a mug, pen and magnet fetish so any fun ones would be good
9. Yoga classes
10. G.C. to Micheal's or Stampin up.
11. A card or letter telling me how you feel about me is always nice too and it's FREE!
12. Bath and Body works lotions and hand soaps

I think that's it that I can think of right now.

Our new year has started off pretty good. Nothing too exciting or boring. It just feels pretty normal. I am looking forward to trying to do more house cleaning and organizing. That should help us out more. My job at Subway is going good. I do miss putting Tanner to bed but it's good for Matt and him to be together. They bond and get to know each other better.

We went over to some friends of ours to hang out on New Years. It was pretty fun. We had a great time and there were lots of people there. And LOTS of food. Tons of food, in fact. I have really enjoyed the friendships that I have gained here and look forward to continuing to build more in the New Year. I don't personally feel like I'm in a certain "group". I don't just hang out with all the young, new Moms with kids my age. I hang out with both older and younger age groups and I enjoy them both equally. In some wards you kind of get stuck in a certain "type" of group because of how old you are or if you're married or not. I always disliked that. But here, I feel like I can be friends with anyone and everyone. I don't feel intimidated by the older people that have so much more life experience than me, but I know that if I needed something, they would help out.

Anyway, I should try and go to bed. That's all for now.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ha ha - OK, so it took me a minute to figure out what GC stood for, but I finally got it!
A half arpon hey? I have tons of cute patterns for that, but never thought I would make one because I always want one with a top!! That migh just be part of your present, but not all because it's too easy...Good to know, good to know!

Lynn said...

Good to see that you are now comfortable being friends with people from all walks of life in your ward. That truly means that you see your ward as your family now. Awesome. I remember when we made it to that point as well. It really feels nice to be able to draw from everyone's life experiences and friendships no matter the age.
Hope you get most of your wish list for your birthday. You deserve it. It's a nice list.