I just got off work (yes, I know it's 1am) and I can't sleep. I have things to say but they are all kind of jumbled up and random. First, Christmas. We had a great Christmas. It was actually really nice not to have the big to do with everyone and just have it small and intimate. My family tends to be the type of family that overspends every Christmas, even though everyone promises to stick to budgets and we limit the dollar amount on how much you can get your person. It never sticks. This year Matt and I spent a total of about $25-30 dollars on gifts. We, okay I, made 90% of the gifts I gave because we couldn't afford to buy anything much. I think it helped us appreciate more the wonderful things we received from people because we know it was in the true spirit of giving and not because people had to get us something. The one thing I really wanted, okay 2 things, were a queen size duvet and lots of food storage. I got some food storage and I got my duvet. I didn't want that much this year. Which is kind of weird for me. I usually have a list of about 10-15 things so people have a choice. It's so hard to buy for someone when they only have a few things on their list. And that was me this year. I think I had 5 or 6 things. As I get older, I realize, I don't really want "things". I want food storage and money for food storage. Things are not that important to me anymore. There are things that I'd like to have but they are not what's important to me. Books are also something that I really enjoy. Especially Church books. I want to know everything there is to know. I am just not as excited about getting things that clutter my place even more. It is so hard to find places for all the stuff that I have. It may sound like I'm ungrateful, but I am definitely not ungrateful. I'm very grateful, in fact, for everything that I got. We had a feast of food for about 4 days. On Friday, we had this Jerusalem dinner. We had fish, pita bread with different cream cheese spreads, grapes, oranges, cheese and "wine" (which was actually just grape juice). And we had it by candle light. It was nice. Then on Sunday we had a big turkey dinner. As well as on Monday at my Aunt's house. Then on Christmas, I did a roast with Thyme and fresh parsley with baked potatoes and all the toppings and a field salad with this yummy raspberry/honey vinegarette. It was a lot of food for the 4 days. Plus we had people coming constantly to our door with treats. I have treats for a whole year almost. It's insane! Maybe next year I'll tell people we are allergic to chocolate. It's just so much for just 3 of us to eat.
I'm already thinking about new year resolutions. I don't have a lot because I feel like I really want to focus on a couple of certain ones. I'm looking forward to working on the ones that I have.
Tanner has really enjoyed this time off. He won't be going to school that much in January because of Allergy testing and then Surgery. That's okay by me. I need to have the time with him. He is doing really well and actually likes when I go to work. I think he gets away more with Daddy.
Work is good. For Matt and I, both. I'd like to do more card making and try to sell them. Maybe I'll find a place in the new year that will sell them.
4 of my friends have announced that they are pregnant and due the same month. So that's exciting for them.
So, life is pretty busy and that's good. I think that's it for now.
3 years ago






3 comments:
Merry Christmas friend! I'm glad you had a good Christmas! I wish I had known things you would like for Christmas! :) Next time...
My trick is that I listen for when people say they would like something. I was actually going to get you another couple of those dishes you were showing me that you really liked, but of course I coudln't afford much of anything so maybe for your birthday. I'll wirte a list on one of my posts and then you'll know. I'm also registered at Linens and Things so you could always get me something from there...lol.
I know, you are a good listener. I try, but I always forget. I do love those dishes, but I've sort of given up on them. They are so expensive for what they are. I think I would rather spend a little more (you know, when I'm rich) and get something I really love and think will last for a long time.
Post a Comment