I subscribe to this magazine called "LDS Living" and the new one just came in the mail last week. I LOVE LOVE this magazine. It has really great ideas and great information. The current one has a lot of holiday stuff in it (well, Duh!) and I thought I'd share some if it with you.
There are several towns with 'Christmas' type names.
-north pole, alaska
-santa claus, indiana
-santa claus, georgia
-noel, missouri
-roudolph, wisconsin
-dasher, georgia
-snowflake, arizona (now there's an oxymoron)
-holly springs, mississippi
-mt.holly, north carolina
In a book titled "The Merry Book of Christmas" the author, Larry Wilde, says "Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of your children, they are all 30ft tall."
Facts and Figures
Candy
24 pounds of candy the average American consumes each year
55% of candy are bought on impulse buys
$84 is the amount the average American spends on Candy annually
100 punds of chocolate are consumed every second in the U.S.
1896 is the year the tootsie roll was invented
20 million Hershey kisses are produced daily
3 years ago






2 comments:
COOL TID BITS!!!
Share some more please. : D
Kale served in North Pole Alaska...haha, what a great name. The north pole. and ps. I read your blog and agree with most of what you say :) Some great topics you have mentioned!
Post a Comment