You know what I don't get? When celebrities say inappropriate things and get in trouble and then they 'retract' their statement (or say I regret saying...) and everyone says they apologized. I don't know about you, but the way I grew up, you actually said the words "I'm sorry" and you meant it. This is why I don't believe in forcing children to apologize on the spot. If you tell them they have to say sorry, then how do you know they really mean it or even are trying to understand the process of what it means to be sorry? Being forced to say sorry is just a way of saving face (in my eyes) and it doesn't mean anything when it's forced. Anyways, that's my 2 cents on that.
My bed isn't made today and you know what? That's actually a rarity. Since we moved into our new house I have taken a lot of effort/pride...whatever you want to call it, in keeping our house tidy and neat. I have even (on occasion) cleaned my bathroom twice in a week to keep it looking clean. I didn't realize just how much I could enjoy a tidy house. Now, I don't normally wash my floors and vacuum as often but I do it as I see fit (which has only been 2x for mopping and once a week for vacuuming). I have kind of surprised myself. My family can attest to the fact that since being a teenager I have VERY rarely EVER made my bed. Even as a married woman, I rarely made our bed. Matt doesn't care (or if he does, he never says anything) so since we never cared about having our bed made, why make it? It just feels more satisfying to have it made.
Some people, lately, have been really hypocritical. It really gets under my skin when people (who shall remain nameless and genderless) expect something of me or expect me to DO something and don't do it (by choice, not because they don't' know HOW to do it) themselves. Double standards are kinda annoying lately.
Seeing what's coming up on the Bachelorette actually makes me want to stop watching it. She seems really emotionally immature. Maybe that's just me but she seems to be crying a LOT in the upcoming episodes.
People say that the Duchess of Cambridge's clothes are more accessible (financially)than most other royal family members. Although I agree to a degree, I also disagree. I would never spend, nor could I afford a pair of L.K. Bennett shoes for $285. I don't know if I would even if I had the money to. I guess it's more affordable than some of the clothes like the $4000 dress she wore to the ARK event. I can see where it IS more affordable to upper middle-class people, but for everyday, lower middle class people like a lot of people I know clothes like hers are not in the budget. She doesn't seem to be a flashy, "look how much I spent on this outfit" kind of person. She knows what she likes and what's comfortable and I really like that about her.
We watched some old home movies that we had converted onto a DVD...like 1991 old. Let's see...who was on there....although I'd like to name names, I don't think it would be appropriate on such a public forum...I mean, what if those people don't want others to know they ever associated with me??? LOL! It was such a blast to watch it and I laughed almost the whole 90 minutes of it. I can't wait to see more of them. I am especially looking forward to a certain ALF video and Jennifer Lopez wanna be.
Matt and I watched the movies 'I am Number Four' and 'Red Riding Hood'. Both were excellent movies. Red Riding Hood was clean in language but it had some upper back nudity. I am number four was clean both in language and provocativeness. I don't remember any swears in it. Red Riding hood had us guessing the whole way through.
I am slightly envious that Tanner got to be in Edmonton this week with all my sisters. It makes me remember when we use to go up there every summer for a week or 2 to visit Aunty Carolyn. They all got to be up there and I wasn't there...I shed about 2 tears and then went to sleep ; ) Those were good childhood memories to think about and dream about.
I'm sorry to say but misquitos don't really bother me. I guess I have bad blood or something.
I have some pictures of Tanner at the marathon last week so I'll get those up soon enough. For now, that's all.
3 years ago






1 comments:
I think saying sorry is a learned behavior, that needs to be taught. Like saying please and thank you. Thats my 2 cents ;)
I think that we should plan a sisters retreat to West Ed for a weekend. Shopping, swimming, and crazy rides. That would be fun, right?
Post a Comment