Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Randomness

Does anyone know if you can get Gilmore Girls on Net flix? I am seriously considering getting it when our cable is out in August. Who has Net Flix? Is it worth it?

I find it slightly comedic that people talk about famous people...or more specifically The Duchess of Cambridge...wearing the same thing more than once. They call it recycling. Most of us down here in reality recycle our clothes often. Good for her for wearing the same coat dress more than once. Just because a person has access to being able to wear a new outfit every day of their life doesn't mean that if they choose not to, people should be all aghast. I think it makes her more real. Anyways, that's my 2 cents on that issue.

I rarely read the paper or watch the news. There are so many negative things in it that I find it kind of depressing to do so.

I finally feel like our house is ours. Tanner put the first nick/gauge (albeit it's small) in the wall with his light saber. There are a few scrapes and minor chips down the wall down the stairs but now there's a noticeable gauge. Oh well! I'm sure it's not the last one that will ever happen.

I hope the postal strike won't last long.

I LOVE the spring loaded curtain rods. They give me the freedom to change my mind without any permanent damage to the windows. I love that! Plus, we don't have to tack sheets up on the wall over the windows...which we were doing more for privacy. I need choices and this give me choices.

We got new shower heads. The ones that came with the house were terrible for pressure and you couldn't change them. It literally took 5 minutes to rinse my hair when before we moved, it only took me a minute. It was so slow. The new ones are awesome. They also took all of 10 minutes to put them in (we got 2, one for our bathroom and one for Tanner's bathroom).

Speaking of hair...I ordered this new product called "wen". It's suppose to be amazing for your hair. There's a website you can order it from (www.trywen.ca). I'm really excited because I have a really dry scalp and I can't find one product that works consistently to keep it hydrated. I've tried organic (kiss my face and Burt's Bees), I've tried gentle stuff (Dove), I've tried professional stuff (AG), I've even tried hydrating stuff (Aussie). I even have pricey leave in spray conditioner but I still get patches of really dry, itchy scalp. So I hope this new stuff works.

I don't have a mop and I am looking at getting one. I have hand washed my floor (and the floors of the people I clean for) for 4 years. Do any of you have any recommendations? I heard steam mops are really good and I've used one once but not everyone who has a steam mop loves theirs. My Mom has one of those micro-fiber cloth ones. She has hardwood and it works good for her floor but I find that they can leave streaks.

I bought us (Matt, Tanner and I) matching Canada Day shirts and bandannas. I am stoked to wear them. I got them at Old Navy when we were in Calgary. It's not very often you can find matching shirts for adults and kids (well, not that I have found anyways) and I think it's fun every once in a while to match. We have matching Super Mario Brothers shirts but mine shrunk and it's....well, lets just say you can see every roll and lump/bump. It's pretty tight. So I don't wear it anymore.

I am seriously thinking about going on a raw food diet to see what it does for me. I'm worried that I don't have the dedication to do it but I guess it never hurts to try. I would like to think I would allow myself 1 or 2 cheat days a month. I don't think it's good to restrict yourself so much that you NEVER eat 'normal' food every once in a while. It's just a thought.

I would love to get a new bristle mat for our front door. Sharon got us a really super cute snowman one a couple of Christmases ago and it still sits at the front door, but I would love to have a non-Christmas one. Costco had some really cute ones last year. And I saw some really cute ones at Home Outfitters in Calgary that were $30 but I didn't get any of them.

The best facebook status I've seen in the last week was from Bobbi-Jo: "You are what you eat...funny, I don't remember eating any sexy beasts today". This totally cracked me up and I think it's hysterical.


We do not wear all our hats well (this is something only a few of you will get)

Megan and Dean and Emerson came on Thursday and we had a wonderful visit. Emerson is such a cutie pie and he adores Tanner. He was "crying" (fakely) when Tanner didn't want to hold his hand walking home from picking him up from school. He was like 'peas tanner, old my hand' and Tanner said 'no thank you'. At least Tanner was polite about it...lol.

Has anyone gone to a U-Pick farm? Is it worth it? I'd like to go for raspberries. We have one more jar of home made raspberry jam and it makes my heart sad because it's so delicious. It's like if I open that last jar, I might actually cry...

Are any of you watching 'The Bachelorette'? Did you see the promo for next week????? HOLY COW!!!! Seriously! I hope Bentley gets what's coming to him (if it is in fact him at the Hotel).

Well, I guess that's about all for now. Have a great Tuesday!

6 comments:

The Robson Clan said...

so I hear the shark is awesome for cleaning floors..thats what i want
and HECK YES I watch the bachelorette...and I seriously have been aching inside wanting to jump through my scream to kick him where the sun dont shine....what a pig...anyway I really hope that if it is him she doesnt fall for his crap again (whoo that felt good to get off my chest)I love Ashley she was who I was rootin for on the bachelor..HOwever I am sad for west, I really liked hime. Who are your favorite guys???? At first I didnt like eames...he looks like my crazy brother-in-law in cincinatti (ewww) but he did surprise me with his personality on the date last night...

Jody said...

I love NetFlix, but it does not have Gilmore Girls (sorry). It has a lot of older movies, lots of stuff for kids but lacks a lot of the popular new releases. There are lots of different t.v. shows I never would have watched but totally fell in love with once I started watching. You get the first month free as a trial so I think it is worth at least checking it out.
I also love my steam mop for tile floors. We have a different microfiber mop for the hardwood, but for tile nothing beats steam. It is quick, clean and does not require you use lots of chemicals.
Raw food diets are hard. I tried it for 2 weeks when I was suffering from severe heartburn and acid reflux. It takes a lot of effort to prepare the food and I got sick of chewing before I ever really felt full. Nothing beats cooked meat when you are hungry. I agree restricting yourself never turns out well and I found that making some minor modifications in my diet has helped me immensely and I don't have to follow any crazy plans.

Mandy said...

Susanne, I really like William but I feel really bad for him because he kind of broke the chemistry between them when they did the comedy stuff. I really hope she gives him a second chance. I like Rayn (the one that's always happy) but they don't seem to have the same kind of chemistry as some of the others do. I do like Ames as well.

Christal said...

Netflicks got me addicted to prison break and micheal schofield so for that reason net flicks is totally worth it ha ha!! And crazy crazy bacherolette crazy mormons they have on that show between last season and this one! Bentley is sick! I loved west too! Ames did surprise me too but I don't like him.. I liked william before he made his dumb comedy move! So I don't even know who I like now. I do like Ryan too I like happy people what's wrong with that! Crazy show!
and I just scrub my floors with murpheys oil soap on a cloth kind of mop and throw it in the washer after does that even make sense? Anyway expect lots more gauges and scrapes in the house sometimes I wonder why we have new houses with kids ....but thats life I guess right!! have an awesome week!

Jamie said...

Love Netflix! I discovered so many shows on there!
I have a steam mop right now. I've had a Norwex mop and another microfibre mop. Meh. I don't think there is such a thing as a great mop.
BTW - I have had your birthday present for a couple of weeks. I really need to get it in the mail!!

Jackie said...

I hate Bentley, he's so horrible. He's just messing with her head by showing up again and using Ashley to get a free trip. UGGHH!! Drives me crazy that he's Mormon since he's shown the world that he's a complete and utter jerk! Hopefully, other girls watching the show will see him and never date him. I have an H20 mop that I like for the lino in my kitchen but you can't use it on some types of flooring.