I was fooling around taking some self timed pictures...these are 3 of the results that I liked the best.
Tanner got his shirt today! Matt and I will both be there cheering him on. We are all very excited!
Coming out of the pool after the Biathlon today
Our little fish out of water
I'm sure it was a little colder than anticipated so he's a little more cautious.
Our 'Fancy' Father's day BBQ....steak and potatoes
Tanner attempted to help Matt...all of for 5 seconds
The man of the day. He loves to BBQ and we love eating what he makes.
Such a typical thing.
Tanner searching for 'Cars 2' on the IMDB website on my iPod touch.
Death by Chocolate. Our little town merc doesn't carry Skor so I used Crispy Crunch instead. It was equally delicious.
My little cowboy! Isn't he so cute??? He totally looks like he belongs here in a small little cow poke town.
We made these at enrichment last year. The letter 'O' was originally a vase but I loved the look of this old camera of my Dad's as the 'O'.
Overall, we've had a good weekend. It's a good thing I am not a hand model because I cut my hand up something good this weekend. Twice on thread...yes, it can cut your skin, and then once on a very sharp knife I forgot was in the sink.
We had a multi family garage sale this weekend. It was really good. I sold quite a bit and took the rest to The Salvation Army. The kid consignment store I tried to take the rest of my stuff to said they were full and I didn't know of any other kids consignment store. I was NOT taking the stuff back home so I donated it. Good-bye stroller, bouncy chair, boy clothes, shoes, and car seat cover (and more) that I loved but don't need. There's a small joke going around that now I'm going to get pregnant that I gave/sold 90% of my baby stuff that I had left. I just giggle inside at the thought/rumor/joke. I will not be one of those people...as if I could be so lucky and it could've been that easy.
The Bachelorette tricked us!!! There was no Bentley last night. Now I have to wait until next week! Ahhhh!!! Mean, cruel producers.
My Wen stuff came today!!!! I am going to use it either tonight or tomorrow morning and see if I can tell a difference.
I am hooked on Pinterest. Such a convenient way to find what you're looking for, weather it's something you NEED or you're just wasting time looking for ideas.
Tanner got a haircut yesterday and it took 3 of us 10 minutes to convince him to sit in the chair to attempt to have his hair washed. We got his hair washed but as soon as they told him they were going to wash it, he lept out of the chair and said he was ready for his hair to just be cut! It's like we were torturing him or something. He's never had his hair washed in those sinks. We even showed him how it turns on and everything but he didn't want any part of it. I adore how funny he is. He is very much a boy that needs to have new things he's unsure of explained to him. He is NOT adventurous that way. He needs to know exactly what's going to happen and what to expect. I know that's partly my fault because anytime he's gone to the dr's or is about to have surgery, I always explain everything I possibly can to him so he's not afraid and stressed out. It's a way to get him more relaxed but it doesn't always work...like yesterday. Anyways, he was really good for his haircut and so afterwards I got him a 10 pack of Tim bits (okay, I admit, this was basically his supper because it was 5pm by the time we got there but this is most certainly NOT a sometimes thing. I may give him cereal or pancakes for dinner but I NEVER let him eat junk food for dinner).
Matt is done with having to stay late and he was even rewarded unexpectedly from the Principal by taking him and the other custodian to lunch last week. This job has been such a great blessing and Matt loves working there. I really think it gives him a sense of self worth because he really does work hard and people actually notice and tell him.
That's about all for now. Have a great week!
3 years ago






2 comments:
Call me!!
Way to go Tanner! What a great thing to take part it... excited to see his hair cut. Did he go short-short? or is he still keeping it long-ish?
Post a Comment