Can anyone explain to me why there are only AMERICAN hymns in the church hymn books. Why isn't O Canada in it (it gets glued in). This is a bit confusing to me. Why shouldn't every country have their national anthem in the hymn book? Do all countries even sing their national anthem on the specified day? Hmmmm....wondering....
OH! 1 more post and I've reached 250! WOW!!!! That's a lot in 14 months. I will close my contest on Thursday and there will be a winner on Friday so if you haven't entered please feel free to do so now.
3 years ago






5 comments:
I totally agree with you about that. O Canada should be in all of the hymn books :)
Um because they rule the free world? J/k. MAYBE because the hymn books are published there and they can't add every country's national anthem.
maybe every country has their own national anthem glued in? I think part of it is that our anthem and the USA's anthem are also hymns - they speak of God and gratitude for His creations and blessings. Maybe not every Country has a hymn as an anthem?
God Save the Queen is in there - that's not exactly american.
Hey! I can actually answer your question!
We just got back from Utah. We took a tour of the church's publishing/printing place. The building is the size of 4 football fields. It's an amazing place!
During the tour we saw how and where the hymnbooks were made.
The hymnbooks are all printed in one standard way and then each countries national athem is printed separately and added in later to reduce the cost of the printing. It also is better for the set up of the large printers to just have one "base" set of printing for the books.
Okay. Now that I read it, it does not make sense. I guess you would have to be there. But it made TOTAL sense to me as they were showing us. LOL!
Post a Comment