Thursday, September 4, 2008

I made something


So I made my first quilt all by myself. Bought the fabric, cut it, ironed it, sewed it and am going to be quilting it in a couple of weeks. I don't have pictures yet but I will later. I know, I know...I have a lot of pictures to post soon. Anyways, my other quilt I made, Aunty Carolyn had the fabric and she was there to help supervise me and fix the few mistakes I made. This one, I did the shopping, and everything. I'm actually kind of proud of myself.

I noticed that I did 30 posts in August but I didn't reach my goal of posting every day. Oh well, maybe next time.

Matt and Tanner are up in Calgary, so I am over at Susanne's writing a post and having a girls movie night. So until next time....I hope you're all havnig a great day. OH OH OH...I'm canning my peaches tomorrow too! That's exciting.

5 comments:

Amykins Angel said...

That is so awesome to hear! GOOD FOR YOU! I totally can't wait to see the pictures:) I bet it'll look FAAAAbulous! I made my first quilt when I was 14. lol... it was a Surprise Christmas gift for my mother. She totally didn't know it was coming:P I think my quilting experience had some extra help from someone above because... I had no experience prior... and I haven't done anything like it since...

I am so excited to see yours:)

Julie said...

hey mandy! your blog doesn't update on my blog list, and so i don't always remember to read it, but i haven't forgotten about you :) congrats on making a quilt! it is such a fun hobby, with such satisfying results! i DEFINITELY want to see pictures!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

bahaha! it posted twice, but now it looks like i'm trying to hide something! i'm not! :) silly blogspot telling everybody i deleted something... :)

Jamie said...

Oooo - can't wait to see a picture!