Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Just some thoughts

Last night when I was at my Mom's she told me something that kind of bothered me and I prayed about it on the way home...not with my eyes closed, but in my heart. Then today I got Tanner home from school and low and behold, there was the answer to my prayers in his back pack in the school calendar.

His speech went really well but his Doctor's appointment did not. He would not sit/lay still so he was kind of a moving taget for the Doctor to check his testicle. Then after we were leaving to go to the car, he said to me "I had so much fun at the Doctors." WHAT!!!!! Are you kidding me??? I said to him " you have a really funny way of showing that you have fun at the doctors".

Matt said to me the other day that being born is an oxymoron because it's one day closer to dying. I have been saying that for a few years now and everyone thinks I'm crazy. Of course we don't focus on the dying part. We live each day to the fullest, but being born really is like an oxymoron.

So those are just some thoughts for the day.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

At first I thought these 3 thoughts were related...but now I'm guessing they are not...because if they are connected to each other I am very confused

Itworksforbobbi said...

You know something really interesting that I saw on a medical documentary? Doctors have discovered that your body continues to develop (not the word they used, but I can't remember it) until it is 8 years old, at which time your body is medically classified as "dying". I wish I could remember the name of the documentary I was watching. I found the age of "8" VERY interesting.... :)

Mandy said...

Sharon, no, these 3 thoughts are not inter-connected at all! So don't worry about being confused.

Bobbi, that IS really interesting. I'd like to have seen that. Myabe it will be on DVD and I can rent it. That would be a good one to watch