I have come to the realization that we 99% are likely NOT to be having any more kids and the truth is, I'm not really sure that I even want more. I know this is a big shock, but I just enjoy other people's children in addition to my only one. Like pets...I like other people's pets, but I don't really want one of our own. NO, I'm not saying children are like pets, but I'm just relating the feelings I have on the subject. I actually feel totally calm and happy about not having more kids. I haven't even thought about it in a really long time. You know every month if I was a day or two late, I'd secretly hope and wish that this was the month that I'd finally be pregnant, but of course we all know how that turned out. I am happy to have just one and not have more. When people talk about having babies or being pregnant I'm actually glad it's not me and I don't feel like I want that. So anyways, that's the decision that I've made on that. I know my Aunt will blow a gasket when she finds out that I don't want any more but it's mine and Matt's choice. Matt says he could go for one more, but he doesn't seem too heart set on actually doing it. So, if we do have another one, which is super unlikely, then great, but if not...I'm pretty sure it's a no go for us. Which is fine. But I think that's it. I just wanted to share that personal, intimate thing with all my blogger friends.
3 years ago






4 comments:
Way to go Mandi. You know your own heart and stick with it. I love that.
It is always good to make a decision, then you aren't always flippin back and forth. I'm an only child and I knew that I didn't want it for my kids, but it is a decision between you and Matt, and you know what is right for both of you and for Tanner.
I agree with Sarah, good to be at peace with a decision then spend each month worrying about what to do. Feel free to come be a mother to my kids at 2am anytime you want.
I'm glad you've made peace with that part of your life. I've been saying lately "If it's meant to be it will be". I too was struggling with if we were going to have more kids-til I got pregnant with this one! Ever since, I've felt really ZEN with the world and my life. I'm not questioning the direction things should go and this has been a really positive change for our little family-brought us closer. It feels kind of weird to me that we're going from 3 to 4 but I guess once the baby is here I'll forget what it was like when they weren't here. What were our lives like before we had kids? Peaceful. LOL.
Post a Comment