Last night we went to Matt's friends, Clint's, house. Matt has been laying and preparing to lay sod down for his front and back yard. Well, last night he had a BBQ and we went in to have some. It was a good thing that Clint has a trampoline because otherwise Tanner would have been bored out of his mind. We got there and 5:30 and we didn't leave until 10pm. And Tanner has a cold right now. Anyway, when they started to actually lay the sod down, Tanner was so cute and he unrolled the sod and the guys came behind him and rolled the edges and placed it exactly where it needed to be. He got all dirty and then wanted to be washed so that was the end of that. He played on the trampoline for the rest of the time, though.
Matt's been working super late this week. On Friday morning he left at 6:30 and didn't get home until 2:30 the next morning. They had to do a really big job in Medicine Hat and the didn't leave the Hat (as they refer to it) until close to midnight. I thought "who wants plumbers in their place until midnight?" Woudln't you just have them come back the next day to finish? I guess if they lived 2 hours away, I'd let them stay all night if needed to get the job done. Crazy!
There have been some recent things that have happened in my life and it hasn't really surpised me. Just the attitudes of people and just the deeper realization that everyone has their own opinons and not everyone, even in eternal family units, gets along. Which does bother me a bit because I want to be able to get along with everybody. I feel like I spent so much wasted time as a teenager not getting along with friends and family members that I know it's a complete waste of time. Time is too precious and we are going to have to spend eternity together, so why not get along here so it's easier in the next life?
I rented the movie the Pursuit of Happyness yesterday. I thought it was an excellent movie. It really teaches a person a lot about life. Never give up on your dreams because someone said you couldn't do it. I wonder how many people do give up because they were told by someone they couldn't do it. It just gives the other person power. I think that so often, people, including me, give power to other people and allow them to have a little bit of control in our lives. For example, I have this friend who went to get her and her husbands debt consolidated and she told me that you have to have a certain amount of debt before a bank will agree to consolidate it. Well, I have let that restrict me on allowing Matt and I to go and see if we could consolidate our debt. And you know what? It doesn't matter how much debt you have, a bank will consolidate it. They have way better interest rates than credit cards so it's always worth looking into. We now have all out debt consolidated and it's not an enormous amount. Certainly more than what I thought we had, but not as bad as I thought it could have been.
One of the ladies that I visit teach has a scrapbooking book out and I recently borrowed it (from another lady in our ward that bought it) and I was very suprised at how easy she made it look. I always thought of scrapbooking as such a complicated process but she really gets inspired by the everyday things in life. Like she was inspired by a shampoo botle of Protene Pro-V. She did up this really cute page that has her and her siblings in the 4 square block like it has on the shampoo bottle. Just really simple, real life scrapbooking. She scrapbooks her real life like a groccery reciept, or her kids being sad. It was just a really great book. I have it on my Christmas list already. I know I know, you're thinking, CHRISTMAS!!??? My Mom always wants us to start thinking about our Christmas lists every year in September/October so she can get a head start on it. Which I think is smart because who can really find the exact gift they want for someone at Christmas when everyone is looking for the same thing? Why shouldn't you shop all the time. Like when someone tells me they like something or wants something, I write it down or make a mental note of it and if I'm out and see it, then I buy it then so I don't have to do it later. That way, when Christmas actually does come around, I am not stressed about thinking about what to get for people and if I'll be able to find it.
Anyway, I think that's about it for now.
3 years ago






2 comments:
That scrap booking book sounds cool - what is it called?
It's called
'Real.Life.Scrapbooking.' It's by Rebecca Cooper. It's such a good book.
Post a Comment