Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Discoveries

In the last little while, I have made a few discoveries. Some of them new, some are things that I'm more aware of.

-Tanner is terrified of dogs. Susanne's dog is the only dog he's okay around.
-Tanner got glasses. He loves them and is obsessed with cleaning them.
-My Dad liked Jazz, which is funny because I just started listening to it and actually enjoy it quite a bit.
-My Mom is awesome! We had a really great visit while going to and from Utah.
-I love revell-o's. I use to only like fudgeicles but not anymore.
-I can no longer eat hamburgers or hamburger meat. It does not like me at all
-I have a love/hate relationship with the heat. I can tolerate and handle it for a couple of hours, but if I'm in it too long it's not good. I tend to get a headache if I'm out just sitting in it too long. I have to be doing something to keep my mind off of it. I am enjoying it this year more than last. It's good for me.
-I'm an over-thinker...BIG time! It's hard for me some days to live in the now. I'm trying, and hopefully I'll get better at it but it's a bit of a slow process.
-Although I'm not a clean freak, messes/clutter bother me. I'm not as much of a pack rat as I once use to be so that has helped.
-I miss having my family close by
-Walking 3km in wedge sandals is not the best thing
-I've messed up leading the music at two different times lately (once at a funeral, and then last Sunday) and even though I knew how to lead to the timing, the song and timing didn't match in my mind when the organist started playing and I struggled. For some this might be stressful, but it is teaching me that it's okay that I'm not perfect and that I have to just carry on. I can't just stop leading the music because I can't get it and sit down.
-Tanner is a really slow bike rider. I ride as slow as I possibly can and he's still 1/4 of a block behind me. He knows how to ride faster but doesn't. He like to 'casually' bike.
-I really strongly dislike travelling on Sunday's. I like to stay in Raymond on Sundays and be with my family, and occasionally when we get invited over to dinner somewhere with friends.

Our trip to Salt Lake was good. It was pretty hot but we weren't outside all the time. I got 2 new pairs of Jeans. It's too hot to even put them on so on a cool day I'll put them on and post a picture. Shorts are the order of the day...and skirts.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

What I know is that no one really watches you conduct, so fake it till you make it. Also, don't forget about the pick up, it will mess you up for the rest of the hymn.
Water is the best cure for a headache, ESPECIALLY a heat headache, so drink lots and lots when you are in the sun. And then some more.
Glad you had fun on your trip. I want to see Tanner I his glasses!