My Mom and Matt's Mom came down 2 weekends ago for Tanner's final musical performance. He did so good. He also was part of my Aunt's back yard variety show. He did 2 little magic tricks that he had practicing for a couple months.
You know what I heard on the radio a couple weeks ago? There's a school that has a no 0% policy. So basically what that means is that no student ever fails. WHAT!!!! What does that even teach our children? When they get out into the real world, it's going to be a sad sad thing when they learn that if they don't work, they actually fail. This is utterly ridiculous!
I hate the end of school time! I pay to have my child educated, not go on a half a dozen field trips and swimming parties the last 2 weeks of school. It throws every child's routine in school off, and I don't know about your child(ren), but mine become highly lippy and defiant. This happened last year too and then as soon as school was done, he was back to normal. Next year, I'm thinking of just not sending him the last week or 2. It's such a waste. I could be taking him on my own to fun places.
We had a HUGE miracle happen last week. We have been trying to sort out Tanner's scheduling for him to get his appliance and financing etc. We were originally quoted a certain amount but when they called last week it's actually going to be just a little over half of what they originally quoted us. I am so so so thankful for this. So he'll have his appliance put in in September and then 6-9 months later he'll have a bone graft (so somewhere between March and June). I try to not think about when he has his bone graft surgery and how much pain he'll be in and how long we'll have to be in the hospital and how much time I'll have to take off work and how much school he'll miss. It can become very overwhelming and stressful so I try to tell myself to just wait until we get to that bridge but that's hard, if you know me. I'm a planner. I worry about how it will affect everyone else...Matt, my family, the nurses and doctors (because I can be a little bossy with my child in the hospital), the people Matt and I work for, our finances. See...I'm a worrier. When he was a baby, I didn't worry so much about this stuff because we were in Calgary and I had my family to help me and I nannied for an AMAZING family that was so generous and accommodating. So I worry. Anyways, I am truly grateful for this miracle and even more so for the miracle of Tanner and getting to be his Mother. In my heart of hearts, I know, without a doubt, that the Lord will provide the way as the time comes.
I went on this crazy diet for a week...yeah, I only lasted 4 days and then I got tired of it. I lost 5 pounds and have only gained 3 of it back...so I guess that's good.
Cell phones...I just need to vent about this because it's driving me nuts! I keep thinking we should get cell phones...you know, because we're probably the last people on Earth that don't have them. Anyways, then I think "No way!". It's not only another bill to pay but lately there are people that I don't even talk to as much anymore because when I'm talking to them they text or if their phone beeps they check it. I'm sorry, but today I feel like if I have to be friendless because everyone else in your digital world is more important that a real person conversation, then fine. People seem so distracted by their cell phones and updates etc. that I would not get one just for the fact that it would be sheer hypocrisy for me. Sometimes I just wanna yell "get off your phone and pay attention to the person right in front of you!". So that's my rant for today.
Matt and Tanner went to a Father's/Son's camp out a couple weekends ago. They had so much fun. Tanner had so much fun, in fact, that when he got home he fell asleep for 2 hours. Ahhhh...I love that boy!
I can't wait to get away this week with my Mom and Tanner. I'm really looking forward to spending time with her and being away from life for a little while.
Father's day was great. Matt enjoyed his day and he made the best steak ever! It was so yummy. We usually do steak and potatoes with a vegetable for Father's day. I gave him the option of ribs this year but he chose the steak. He's the greatest BBQ-er I know.
So that's it for now. Happy rest of the month!









1 comments:
I so agree with you on everything! I hate the 0% fail policy. Seriously, who is going to hold these kids hands for the rest of their lives? I also don't think school should be 10 months, I am a huge believer in year round school because it is better for kids to have a consistent schedule and less disruption. I also hate cell phones and people who can't put them down.
I am happy to hear that the appliance will not be as expensive as you thought. Every once in a while we get a real treat!
Post a Comment