Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Large or Medium

Here's the thing...I've lost some weight. I'm not posting numbers because it is not about how much. I started with the goal of being healthier and not about how much and I feel really good, but all my clothes are too big so I'm wearing belts (I only have 2) a lot! I have this mild fear, though. I'm afraid to buy tops in the size that I think I am. I know, totally silly and irrational but I can not bring myself to buy a top that fits. I really want a pair of jeans that don't fall down...is that too much to ask? I am heading down to Utah next month and I am hoping to get a pair down there. So check back next month to see if I got a pair...maybe I'll even post a picture of me wearing them.

Tanner has been loving his bike. I LOVE that he loves his bike. He's foot loose and fancy free with that thing. We have such a great little neighborhood and the kids all just go from house to house and play with each other. It's so much fun for Tanner. When he has no friends to play with, I feel sad for him because I'm not the best 'play' mate and I can feel his disappointment.

We've been in our house a year! The only thing I really want to change is our front door. I want a door that has a window in it because our front entry is so dark. Other than that, there's nothing I want to change. We're hoping to get our lawn in next month so that will be new. In honor of this big milestone, we had a hot dog roast with s'mores and cupcakes.

Other than that, things are going pretty well. Some days I feel like blogging is such a waste of my time and that blogging has served the purpose I wanted it to but other days I feel guilty for not blogging more. The other reason is that we live in a small town...and there are still A LOT of things I need to learn about living in a small town. Anyway, I feel at a bit of a crossroad so we shall see what happens.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Congrats on the weight loss! although I agree that becoming healthier is a better goal than just numbers (as I type and drink my hot chocolate...) You should buy new jeans and some shirts because you earned them.

Small town lessons are hard for everyone to learn. We've all had our share of oopsies so don't beat yourself up.

Your blog is on my regular list of places to check each day so keep it up, but only if you think it gives something to you!

Lynn said...

Mandy! I saw you just as you were leaving Stake conference! I tried to catch up to you, but someone grabbed me to speak about something important with my calling and I lost you after that.

I just had to tell you......you look GREAT!!!! Good for you for heading down the healthy eating path. I've got to get a better handle on mine. My thyroid is acting up again. ; (