I guess I had to face the inevitable and get back to blogging sometime. I've been neglectful of my little blog and hope to be a bit better at it. My Mom, of all people, said that her and my sister were wondering why I hadn't blogged for so long. I guess that's a clear sign that I need to get back to it...lol
To start off, Christmas was great. It was really quiet and we got some really wonderful gifts. Tanner was spoiled as usual and he's really enjoying his gifts. We've had a busy New Year already. We went up to Calgary to attend Matt's Grandma's 90th birthday at Heritage Park. We had the brunch there which was heavenly and really yummy. The new year also brought Tanner pneumonia *insert eye roll*. Let's just not talk about that o.k.? Great. I am leaving this week for Las Vegas to go to a Chiropractic Seminar with the office I work in. I am WAY excited! I'm actually kind of giddy about it. I am really excited to learn some new things and just expand my knowledge. Matt's been really busy as he's had to work extra hours in the morning as the head custodian at the school was sick in the hospital. It's been a long week for him and I'm glad he'll get some sort of break while I'm gone. We attended our first Sugarbowl Tournament and it was pretty good I thought. Which brings me to my first deep thoughts of the year.
I do not claim to know basket ball as an expert and I don't even know all the rules but as far as I've seen this year so far, our team is okay. I think it would be hard to be on the team this year after they've had so much success with such amazing players in previous years but they seem to be getting some flack for that. I only saw a couple of games last year and yes they were really good but I think it discredits the team this year when people say they aren't as good as last years team. Well of course they're not! They have new 'star' players that have different strengths than those of the 'star' players last year. They also have new coaches. I think it's unfair to compare the team this year to any in the past because so much has changed. I have my own feelings/opinions about the team but, overall, I can see that they are really trying and they are doing the best they can in the moment. Like all teams on or off a court/field, there's always room for improvement. I imagine it is hard to remember all that you've learned when you're on the court and the adrenaline is running through you and all you want to do is win. It's only the beginning of the season and we have some really good players that I think will only get better. I'm glad that I didn't see a lot of games last year because I think it gives me a new and fresh perspective on the team that we have now....not the team that we had in the past. I am excited to watch the team this year and hopefully they make it to the championships but if not, I hope their efforts won't go unnoticed because they are coming out of the shadows of a former team of champions.
3 years ago






2 comments:
Glad to see you're back, we all go through lulls :)
Coming from a former "Daughter of Raymond" who still doesn't know all the rules & ONLY went to Basketball games to be with the rival Magrath Boyfriend.....
GO COMETS GO!!!!!
Post a Comment