I have to admit that I am very close to being addicted to music. Music is....well, I'll write you a post about it.
Music is like my escape from anything I want to escape from. When I want to escape from reality for a bit, I turn on my music and dance around my kitchen and living room. I dance in my shower, anywhere I feel the urge to do so.
Music calms me. When I'm feeling rushed or frustrated, I turn on some calming music (usually classical or I ADORE the soundtrack to Pride and Prejudice). It soothes me and helps me to feel calm.
Music is my avoidance of things. If I don't really want to socialize (I know, SHOCKER!) or talk to someone I listen to my music.
Music is my travel companion. I can not travel in silence. It's very difficult for me to drive anywhere without listening to some music at least some of the time. It also is my companion when I'm by myself in my house. This is slightly a problem because I HATE being in my house by myself....especially at night. I would much rather sleep at someones house than stay in my own house alone at night. So to solve that problem, I turn on music until I am so tired that I know I'll fall asleep without it.
Music is my exercise buddy. I really can't exercise without it. It gives me the beat and motivation to walk/run.
Music makes me feel weirdly connected to memories. I can hear a song from my Jr.High days and know exactly what that song reminds me of.








0 comments:
Post a Comment