Friday, November 11, 2011

Thinking out loud

I've been in a bit of a funk lately. Feeling really stressed out and easily irritated/annoyed. So I was telling someone about this and they asked why I was so stressed out and when I started to get into this funk. I can't really pin point it...I think it's just been a lot of little random stuff adding up...you know like a kettle building up pressure, except I know the pressure is building up. Anyways, so I was asked if I was regularly reading my scriptures and praying. I'm not at all trying to justify by behavior but I just haven't made the time. I use to be so good at this. We're good at family scripture reading and praying but I'm not that good at individual stuff.

Anyways so this is the response "You are in a state of rebellion". I never thought of my "state" as a state of rebellion. I mean, I always thought being rebellious was about being defiant and I don't feel like I'm being defiant. My attitude isn't "who cares, I don't want to read the scriptures or pray". I know I should, but like I said before I have CHOSE not to make the time. I get too easily distracted by wasteful things like Pinterest or facebooking or t.v. So I have decided to take a break and try to get re-focused on what's important and not be in a state of rebellion.

Not that I blog very often, but I think I'm going to wait until the end of the month to post again.

I have felt for about 2 weeks that I was going to crash and burn and I can feel it coming on so I just need to slow down and take it easy for awhile. So for the time, I bid you all well : )

1 comments:

Sharon said...

I've been a grump too so thank you for this post. You're not the only one that needed a kick in the pants about making important things a priority!