Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Clog




I was aked what kind of dancing I do. If you haven't heard of it, it's really hard for me to explain so you can read about it HERE




This is my first year Clogging and at first it was really hard because my feet did not move as fast as they should. When a routine was put together it was really hard. I knew the steps as just the steps but to combine them with other steps, my brain was totally overloaded. I took tap and ballet when I was little...around 6 or 7 and I took dance class in Jr. High. I have come to really enjoy clogging and hope that I will be able to do it next year. It's a lot of jumping around and it really is a good workout. There are 4 of us in the class and our recital is in 2 weeks. We are dancing to a song from Ice Age 3 called walk the dinosaur. We are dressing up as cave type women (think Betty and Wilma from Flinstones). I would love to do ballet but I do not have the body for that. Plus my balance is not always the best. I actually love to ballroom dance and have taken lessons twice. I love to jive and waltz. I would also love to try some more modern type dancing like hip hop or something fun like that.




Thanks for asking. I hope that feeds your curiosity a bit. Thanks so much for making a comment and asking me about my dancing. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in our house being built, I forget to talk about other things...like dancing : )








3 comments:

The Robson Clan said...

your AWESOME!

M said...

Jealous! I always wanted to learn to clog... so cool!

Jamie said...

Cool - I wish I could see it!