Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happiness

I haven't done a happiness post in a while. Although some things I am happy about are kind of obvious, I wanted to be a little more specific and get back to the basics.

Happiness is:

-Tanner being so thoughtful of Matt last night. We went to drop the car off at his work and when we knocked on the door he didn't come and so I said "oh well, I guess Daddy can walk home tonight". Tanner then replies "We should leave the car for Daddy and we can walk home so he doesn't have to walk home in the cold tonight". Sometimes it surprises me at how thoughtful he is and has become.

-knowing Tanner has never attempted to cut his hair. His friend cut his hair in class to add to the egg nest they were doing.

-having good jobs

-packing. The last time I packed, I was working full time and Tanner was 3. This time around it's easier because I don't have Tanner running under foot, I'm not working full time and Matt is a huge help because he is home in the day to pack on the days I'm not there.

-not being sick after eating far too many cookies yesterday.

-getting tickets to my final dance recital

-wearing my fun costume at dance class that Susanne made for me. I totally love it and it looks awesome!

-putting all my effort into my last dance class before the recital.

-cleaning out the trunk of the car

-washing, drying and folding 4 loads of laundry yesterday. I'm finally caught up and all I have left are a batch of towels today.

-rubber boots so it's easier to walk around in all the mud around our house.

-knowing my Mom and sister are coming for my dance recital

-a week long vacation in Calgary next week

-talking to Susanne on the phone

-being a mother

-being a wife