...I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I'm not feeling so "zen" as Erica likes to call it. I can't really pin point what it is. Anyways, hopefully it will pass soon because it's hard to be "funky".
I'm happy today was pizza day at school because it meant Matt and I got to go to the Temple! It's always the 3rd Thursday of the month that they have pizza day at the school so we always go to the temple that day because then we don't have to feel rushed to get back for Tanner at lunch.
We were able to finally choose carpet for the house. We kept going back and forth and back and forth some more. But now, it's done. We picked our top 3 and hopefully that works. We're pretty organized in what we want. All we have to do now is pick out lighting (super basic and nothing fancy) and door handles and faucets. When did they start digging you ask...they haven't. That's how organized we are. We don't have time to run into Lethbridge a zillion times to pick out stuff so we are planning ahead. We have counters, cabinets, vanity, inside and outside doors, windows, patio door, shingles, siding, trim, paint inside and out, flooring all picked out already. They're suppose to be digging by next week so hopefully that will happen. I'm not holding my breath.
I'm happy that Tanner and I made peanut butter cookies today after school.
I'm happy that I was able to empty 6 tubs of clothes and put them in boxes for 3 different people.
I'm happy that it snowed this week. I like the snow. Not the cold wind but the snow doesn't bother me. Matt said to me the other day "no one is happy with whatever weather we have. If it's summer people complain that it's too hot. If it's raining, people complain that it's so dreary and miserable out. If it's snowing, people complain that it's cold. Can't people just stop murmuring and be happy"?
I was thinking today after reading a blog about a mother losing her baby about how our generation has much heartache like the pioneers. People in my generation seem to be having babies with more...for lack of a better word...defects (downs, facial deformities, general health problem) or babies and/or little children that die so young. It seems more so than my parents generation. It makes me wonder what Tanner's generation will go through. We have been so blessed to live in a time where medicine is around and where there are things that can help some of these things.
We are so lucky to live in the time we do, don't you think?
3 years ago






2 comments:
I would like to clear something up that you stated:
"Downs" is NOT a "defect"!
Down Syndrome is a condition in which extra genetic material causes delays in the way a child developes, both physically and mentally. Do you think God looks at these as "Defects"???? I think not!!!
I thank you for clearing that up. As a mother of a downs child I take great pride in knowing that she is just like everyone else around her. She may take longer to do things, but she still does them. I believe that under your term "defect" it implies that they are broken, which they are not.
Sorry, my implication was not to suggest that someone who has downs is broken. I don't think that at all on any level. I believe that children who are born with syndromes, or conditions are very special and precious. Defect wasn't, probably, the best choice of words. God doesn't make mistakes so I'm sorry if you took offence to what I wrote, but that was not what I was implying.
Post a Comment