Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happiness

When I was a little girl, one of my favorite books was a Charlie Brown book called "HAPPINESS". It was an odd little book because it was different from all my other rectangle books. It's a square book with orange pages. Yes, all orange, no color. But oh how I loved that book.

Recently I re-discovered this little gem in my sisters tub of her books (my sisters are always trying to steal stuff away from me....and they say I was the bully...LOL! KIDDING).

Anywho, it has my name in it (we did this often as kids to "claim" our things) so I brought it home for Tanner...and let's face it...me too. It makes me happy just thinking about this cute little, loved book. So every once in a while I am going to attempt to do a "happiness" post. I am thinking next year, I'm going to make it a goal to do one every day. So for a start here is my post today of 'happiness':

HAPPINESS IS:

having a washing machine

laying down at night and finding that perfect spot almost right away

playing scrabble

love

being able to eat without getting sick afterwards (NO, i'm not expecting)

reading to your child(ren)

the sun on your back

listening to the new Taylor Swift CD

eating popcorn in bed with your husband while watching extreme makeover:home edition

a glass of cold milk

having meaningful conversations with people/friends and feeling smarter and more knowledgeable

looking forward to the possibility of building a house starting in the spring

having your husband take care of you and your child while you're both sick with the flu on Halloween.

watching "girl" disney movies while sick

having your back scratched




Happy Wednesday everyone!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I like your list. All good things! :)

DJ said...

I love it Mandy. Just seeing your post title made me feel happier. Good luck with daily posts on Happiness next year---thats a great goal. You sure do have a great list of things to be happy about.

Sharon said...

Isn't the warm sun amazing? Especially in November!!! You should skip the hassle of building and just buy our house instead ;)