Wednesday, September 15, 2010

what impresses me

What really impresses me is people that don't know me personally or intimately, who remember Tanner's name and refer to him by name on my blog. Thanks Megan!

Lots has been going on lately. Getting back into the swing of the routine is going fairly smoothly. I still strongly dislike lunch hour...or rather 45 minutes. Tanner was in tears today because even though we always have his lunch ready before he even gets there, he wanted to talk and visit and he couldn't because he was rushed to eat. 45 minutes is just not enough time to pick up a child or children and get them home and fed and not feel totally rushed the whole time. Anyways, that's just my 2 cents on the subject.

The longer I'm married to Matt the more I realize how great of a husband I have. I use to wish I had a stronger minded husband but we totally compliment each other. Recently I had to do a personality test and there were 4 personalities; Lion, Otter, Golden Retriever, and Beaver. Guess what I came out as??? I am not going to tell you in this post but just guess. I'll tell you in the next post. Needless to say, my personality and Matt's totally compliment each other and it makes me really grateful for a loving Father that knew I might have a hard time with a strong minded husband. He's so laid back and gentle and meek and just goes with the flow. I wish I was more that way but that's what makes us so great together.

I have stayed up all this week until he gets home at 11pm just to talk and visit because otherwise, we don't get a lot of time together.

We have already planned 2 monthly Temple trips for next year. That is our goal together. I'm really excited.

It just feels so great to be in a good place in almost every sense of the word right now. Don't get me wrong, we do have weaknesses and we aren't perfect but where it really counts, where it really truly matters, we're in a fairly good place.

We heard the other day on the radio about how money can make a person happy. Is that true?? Then Matt heard the next day that a certain amount of money can make a person happy. The amount? $750,000. He heard that with that amount of money most people could buy their happiness. After that amount, money becomes a problem and a burden. I thought that was pretty interesting. I'm not sure I agree or disagree with the whole "money can buy you happiness. Or a certain amount can". If it ever happens to me, I'll let you know but I'm sure I'm happy because I choose to be not because money can buy me my happiness.

My happiness is not materialistic or co-dependant. I am happy because I want to be. I am happy because I have what really matters in life: Love, Family, Friendship, the Gospel, and a body to help me learn what I need to in this life. My happiness doesn't depend on if I live in a real house or have a nice car or make tons of money or have the latest fashion or the latest gadgets. It doesn't depend on if I have all the friends in the world. You can have all the friends in the world and still feel alone. I know where my happiness comes from and that's what matters to me.

On that note, have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Nora said...

I totally agree... Loved your post..

Lahni said...

I don't think money can make you happy but it sure does make things easier when you don't have to worry about it.

Melissa said...

Great post! I love you Mandy! You're awesome.

Jamie said...

Sad about Tanner! :(
I heard that money thing too - or maybe I read it in the paper. I actually sort of agree with that - NOT that money can buy happiness, because it SO can't. But I think if you make a certain amount of money, you probably will be happier, SIMPLY because you don't have to worry about money all the time, and you wouldn't fight about it with your spouse. I guess you could say that if you live within your means, you will be happy, so maybe it's not about a certain number, it's about living within your means. Who knows? I like how the study found that being really wealthy doesn't make you happier. I believe that too.

Autumn said...

Amen. Thanks for the pep talk. I love your perspective.