Thursday, September 9, 2010

golden baked carnival dog



These were really quite easy and really yummy. A fun way to serve hot dogs.

1 can (311 g) refrigerated soft breadsticks
8 Hot dogs
1/4 cup Parmesan Grated Cheese


PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Separate dough into eight sticks; pinch short ends of sticks together to seal. Roll or press each piece into 14-inch rope.

INSERT wooden pop stick into one end of each hot dog, leaving 2 inches of each stick exposed. Wrap each dough rope in spiral fashion around one of the hot dogs, pressing ends of dough together to seal. Place in single layer in shallow baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.

BAKE 20 min. or until hot dog is heated through and dough is golden brown.
You can dip these in BarBQ Sauce, ketchup or Cheez Whiz.

nutritional information serving size = 1 hot dog (77 g)per serving

Calories 230 Total fat 12 g Saturated fat 4 g Cholesterol 20 mg Sodium 720 mg Carbohydrate 21 g Dietary fibre 1 g Sugars 3 g Protein 9 g Vitamin A 0 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 4 %DV Iron

School has been going really well for Tanner. He is really liking it so far. I use to be the Mom that said "I'll never drive my kids to school" because my Mom never drove us unless it was -35 or colder out. When I was in High School, I was bused and I remember her driving me to the bus stop maybe 2x because it was far too cold to stand and wait for the bus, let alone walk to the bus stop. Tanner has been fortunate enough to be bussed the last 3 years and this year, because he isn't in the PUF program, he doesn't get to take the bus. He has rode his bike once in the last 8 days of school and been driven to and from all the rest. I really need to get some control of this. He is perfectly capable of walking. It's the perfect opportunity to get some exercise for both of us. We don't live that far from the school so really there's no reason he can't walk.

It's really different for me to not have anyone here in the afternoon. I am finding all sorts of projects that I wanted to do in the summer but never had the time to do them...like sorting through Tanner's clothes and putting them in "age" appropriate boxes. I had about 2 weeks of laundry to catch up on as well. The summer went by so fast and I looking back, I hated that I didn't make the time to be more productive. In the eternal perspective, I got to spend a ton of amazing time with Matt and Tanner and make awesome memories and that's what matters the most.

I love the routine of the school year. I strongly dislike that lunch is only 45 minutes long. It's too rushed. I guess that's what happens when the school decides on only doing half days on Fridays. You have to take the hours from somewhere else.

I got a new calling 2 weeks ago. I am the Personal Progress Specialist. I'm excited for the new calling and the new things it will teach me. If any of you have any ideas please let me know. I'm not even sure where to begin.

Well, that's all for today. Have a great day.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Way to be productive. I haven't started any real projects yet. Playing when your family is around is way better then being "productive". Good for you for realizing it.

Jamie said...

Fun recipe. I'll have to try it.
What's a Personal Progress Specialist? Like in YW?