I'll bet you can't guess how many books I have read since the beginning of September?
Wanna know??
FOUR! 4 great books.
What were they?
I bet you wanna know that too...lol
1.Mormonville- This was a really great book. I laughed out loud numerous times. It's about a journalist that is sent to Helaman, Utah to basically find out what was wrong with the church and why everyone was following this "cult". It was very well written. Clearly not the kind of literature that Jamie or Lahni would read, but it was overall, a good book. I would absolutely recommend this book.
2. A little Sisterly Advice- the beginning and end were good but the middle really dragged on. It is about a girl who goes to college and navigates her way around the first year of college and dating etc. It was an okay book.
3. Never the Bride- I enjoyed this book for many reasons. This story is similar to the movie 27 dresses. Not exactly but sort of the same. I would recommend this book.
4. Surprise Packages- This was the 3rd and final book in a "trilogy" that my Aunt and I have been reading. It was a really good book but I was a little disappointed in the end. It ended in a way that leaves you to think about what the ending could be. I was looking for closure in the series but it's good that I can think about what happened to the characters in my own mind.
Now I'm reading 'Whale Done' for book club in October. It's basically a relationship book. I haven't started it yet but it's not a very thick book so it won't be like reading a Dr.Phil relationship book...thank goodness.
I went onto our library website and looked for a bunch of books that I have wanted to get to read from the church bookstore but don't want to invest the money in buying them. So I found a cheaper way to read them...checking them out at our library. They, surprisingly, have A LOT of the books that I want to read. They even have quite a few very 'churchy' books...like a FHE book that has some great ideas in it. I can not not read lately. I might have an addiction to it. We'll see how long it lasts.
Books, books...who could ask for anything more??? I love books!
3 years ago






1 comments:
Yay reading! I wish I had time to read more books...
Post a Comment