I have thought of many posts to write and things to write about but of course I did not write them down and they have escaped my mind. Tanner is going up to Calgary this week and I'm looking forward to having time to myself. Lately, Tanner has been acting up and not listening at all. It must be because there is no school. I can't be that bad of a parent, can I????
We've been busy with yard work and weeding our garden. It's a lot of work but I can't wait for the reward. We have found out that the cost for a pass to the pool here is going to be $200 for a family of 4. I'm hoping that individual passes might be cheaper. It's $5 for adults and $3 for kids so to make it worth the $200, you'd have to go every day for the whole 8 weeks it's open. It just might not be worth it. If you have a larger family, it will cost more per child. We haven't totally decided yet. For sure NOT a family pass, but either 2 passes (1 for me and 1 for Tanner) or just pay as we go to it.
I am reading the book "The 5 love languages". It is really a good book. It has already made mine and Matt's relationship better. Knowing each other's love language is really helpful for both individual and relationship purposes. I would highly recommend the book to anyone. The next book I'm going to read is Anne of Green Gables. I'm looking forward to reading it. Then I'm going to read Pride and Prejudice. I finally watched the BBC version of that and loved it a lot. It's 5 1/2 hours long but so worth the time.
Anyways, that's about all for now.
3 years ago






2 comments:
Aren't you coming to Calgary too!?
Mmmm...Anne & P&P are two of my favs! The BBC version is almost exactly the same as the book. Love it.
I've heard all about The Five Love Languages, but haven't actually read it. We had a whole enrichment thing on it once, plus my mom owns it. Very interesting stuff. What are your love languages?
I've read all of those! they're all fantastic! Paul's mom gave us the 4LL's a few years ago, and it was awesome to be able to pinpoint our own languages and realize they're not the same, so that we can work to communicate our love more effectively.
I've never watched P&P, but loved the book - I usually don't have the patience to watch them, I always get the characters confused because they look too similar to me, and the books are always better, anyway - more background stuff :) And if you're gonna read Ann of GG, you should read the whole series as she grows up! so fun!!
Post a Comment