I just wanted to make it clear that I do appreciate what the soldiers have done and continue to do. I highly respect them and are grateful every day for what they do. The point I was trying to make is exactly what Sharon had said in that I don't understand why all the hoopla around people who have chosen that path and all the people who have died. I also found a great quote from I believe Boyd K. Packer about how not all our lives will be celebrated in grandeur like Moroni or the great heroes of the Book of Mormon. Most of us will live our lives in quiet splendor without all the fanfare but that doesn't make us any less serviceable to God. So I'm okay with it...the war and if that what people choose to report on and glorify then that's up to them.
I've just had my ears unplugged and it feels great. They've been plugged up for a couple days now and it was really painful last night and this morning but then I went to the doctor and they're all better.
We had a non eventful new year. We rented a bunch of movies and watched them. Matt went to bed at 11:30 and Tanner fell asleep at 11. So it was just me at 12 to kiss no one : (
We did, however, have an eventful weekend. Matt's truck (well, it actually his Dad's that he loaned to Matt) had the wheel lock up on it. Not a huge deal except that the truck was parked behind our car in the driveway and so we didn't have access to our car. So thankfully, with a prayer and the help of Susanne's husband, Chris, they got the truck out and the car is now accessible. So Tanner and I are back to walking everywhere. I don't think he really gets that yet, but I'm sure he will when I go to pick him up at school in a little while.
Matt also starts at dunlop ford tomorrow. We are all very excited about that and the changes it will bring. He'll stay on at the feedlot on the weekends because it's not a full days work on the weekend. That way, he'll be able to bring in a little more money and he'll still get time with his family.
Our Primary Class went well. I am actually very excited about it this year. I'm looking forward to teaching and learning all the things I can. I am looking forward to the class participation.
So, happy new year!
3 years ago






3 comments:
Why does the wheel have a lock on it? On the truck? I am probably slow....but I didn't understand that part.
Hi Lynn,
No, you're not slow. The wheel locked...as in, wouldn't move at all...that's how it was "locked". It wouldn't turn at all. We think the drum to turn the wheel got frozen/locked because it was so cold. Plus Matt got stuck in the snow 2 times so it might have had snow stuck up in it. So no, you're not slow. I asked the same thing to Matt when he came in and said "the wheel is locked". I was like huh????
Happy New Year! When will I see you again to give you your Christmas present!?
What's Matt doing at Dunlop Ford? Sounds interesting! I can't remember if you told me about that job or not...
talk to you soon!
Post a Comment