Normally, for those of you who know me, I rarely complain about pain. I have a very high threshold for pain and even my Mother will tell you that she never knew when I was sick except if she looked at my eyes and they were glassy and by that time, I was sick, not just a little cough but sick. Anyways, can I just say that I am almost unbearably uncomfortable today. My neck is so sore. No I don't have Meningitis. I went to the doctor and he checked my neck and said although it was sore it was still loose enough not to be concerned about. Plus I'm not sick sick.
I thought I was pregnant...3 week late...but 3 negative tests...2 pee sticks and one blood...show otherwise. I have been unusually nauseated and tired and thought that was why. But no.
So now they are going to run a bunch of blood work and I've been referred to a GYN to get a histogram (I think that's what they're called.) I've had one before and they are not comfortable. Anyways, I hope that by Monday my neck is better because I feel like I can't live with this constant pain. It's been going strong for 2 weeks so I'm doping up on robaxacet this weekend and we'll see how that goes. If that doesn't work, they'll inject this stuff that freezes my muscles or something and it relieves the pressure on the joint and or muscles. Cut my neck off, I don't care. Just let this pain go away! So that's enough complaining for now...moving on.
I took down our guest room this week and put Tanner's room in where it was and made Tanner's room into the play/reading room. It's so nice to not have toys all over the living room and kitchen. That way if I want to read or watch a movie, he's not in there making a bunch of noise.
Tanner had a really special day on Thursday (yesterday). He was invited to school for a spa day. They are working on the "m" sound so they had foot massages, marshmallow "m" pictures to make, milkshakes, music and a movie called Madeline's manners. It was so fun. I got to help with the massages of the kids feet. He normally doesn't go to school on Thursday so it was a real treat for both of us. His teacher called up and invited him to come and he thought that was pretty neat.
His teachers are really impressed at how well he reads. He's reading at about a grade 1 level maybe a little higher. They haven't tested him but he can read big words like package, and especially, and chocolate, and loose. Words that most kids can't read until they are older. We are so very blessed to have a child that reads so well. We are trying to focus on his fine motor skills like printing and threading beads on strings to get fine motor control of his hands. It's frustrating for him sometimes, but it's important to have this skill for printing. He gets to have a transformer when he's done his workbook that we have for him. He is really excited about that. He keeps telling Matt and I every day that he's really into Transformers. He carries the one he has around the house everywhere and can't wait to get another one so his Optimus Prime will have someone to "fight" with.
He has gotten so sweet and caring lately. The other day I asked him to go play in the toy room because he had his toys in the living room and I was trying to read the Ensign and he said "but you'll be all alone" and I said it was okay because I was just going to be reading about Joseph Smith and he said "but I don't want you to be all alone". Also, when I switched his room, when he saw it for the first time, he told me 4 times that he loved it, he really loved it, thank you, it was the best room ever and he really loved it.
Well, I think that's about it for now. I hope February is a great month for everyone. I can't believe that January is already over. We celebrated 9 years on the 28th of January. Time really does fly.
3 years ago






7 comments:
That's great that Tanner is reading so well! If he can read well, it will help him all through school! What a sweet little boy!
I hope your neck starts feeling better! That is certainly hard to function normally, I'm sure.
Hey, I hope your neck gets better soon! I kinda had something like that awhile back for a few weeks. But the docs wouldn't do anything until I started my period(To ensure I wasn't pregnant) But whatever... I managed.
I can imagine neck pain would be quite a challenge when your running around with a little guy:P
I'm happy to hear Tanner is doing really well in School:) He is such a special, wonderful little guy:)
That is so awesome that tanner can read so well! He is such a sweetheart I miss seeing him in primary! I hope your feeling better soon too no fun! ttys
I hope you are feeling better soon! That sounds SO painful!
Tanner sure is a sweet little boy. You are raising him well, to think of others always.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY by the way! Hard to believe it's already been almost one decade already, eh?? : D
i'm so sorry to hear about your neck. that's really strange. i hope it gets better quickly. tanner sure sounds like a sweetheart.
Hope your neck is feeling better by now. We sure miss Tanner around here-Josh says thanks for the Valentine!
Sorry to hear about your sore neck!!! I didn't read this until just now, otherwise I would have asked you about it on Thursday!
That's cool you made a playroom - I have that makeshift one in the basement and I love it.
Tanner is so cute - I can't believe what a little reader he is - so smart!
Post a Comment