Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Please go to bed!

Well, we have officially started Christmas vacation. We are at my Mom's house and Tanner is not going to bed. Some days I feel like he's out of control with hyperness. Maybe I'm getting old...lol. We have had quite an eventful, busy month already. Tell me honestly, who doesn't have a busy month when December rolls around? Why is it at the end of the year, we all get stressed out and get so busy? The reason for the season is Christ and I don't think he wants us to get stressed out by remembering his birth. It's a joyful thing, not a stressful thing. Anyways, we went to our ward Christmas Party last weekend, which was fabulous. It went smoothly and there was just enough entertainment and activity which made it a really nice evening. We also had our enrichment Christmas party which was SOOOOOO much fun! Susanne and the board did an amazing job! It was very simple, relaxed and fun. It was a Christmas Cozy and we were all to come in our P.J.'s for a light supper (soup in a bread bowl) and a games. We had a wonderful Christmas message and then we played games. It was really fun and there was a great turn out.

Tanner was in his first musical production. He did good for it being his first one. I saw this woman there and I could feel the pressure she was putting on her child to make sure she sang the songs and didn't wreck her make up or clothes and I felt really sad for that little girl. I think that a lot of parents put so much pressure on their children to be older or more mature than what they are.

Who am I to talk though...I'm not a perfect parent. My parenting abilities have recently, I feel, been questioned and I hate that feeling that maybe I'm not a good parent or doing a dis-service to my child because I don't expect the same things from him that other people do from their children. Being a parent is such a tricky thing.

Anyways, that's enough about that.

We are all looking forward to spending time together as a family and hanging out.

2 comments:

Christal said...

Mandy I hope you have a very merry christmas! I totally understand the so busy you feel stressed out feeling it really shouldn't be this way I think somebody else wants us so busy we forget the true meaning of christmas and fall into the trap every year. You are one smart girl!! Tanner was probably so cute in the play~! I feel bad for the little girl sad what some parents do to there kids instead of just letting them have fun I'm sure I'm guilty of it too!
Well merry christmas! ttys

Amykins Angel said...

Hey Mandy. You are an excellent and amazing mother. I have heard nothing but good things about you. The first time I ever heard about you, was that you were a really good mother and you have such a sweet boy.

I totally know what you mean about Christmas stress. Even though it's over, I'm STILL stressed about it honestly lol!

My parents put that kind of stress on me like that little girl. I was raised like an adult I guess you could say...
Maybe that's why now that I'm FREE I have reverted back to the teenage phase??? hahaha jokes!

Merry Christmas Mandy.
Your amazing!

Hope our trip bringing up Matt wasn't too traumatic for him lol:P