Monday, December 12, 2011

I made stuff from Pinterest!

For my work Christmas party, I attempted to make a couple things that I had pinned on pinterest. I was in charge of games and instead of buying or making things to give away as the prizes, I made treats. I have been wanting to try these couple of things so I thought what better time to make them.




This is Candy Cane Popcorn. Easy. I just got some of the candy cane Hershey kisses and melted them (with a double boiler) and then poured it over popcorn. This is really easy and it is a good alternative if you don't have candy canes but want the flavor of peppermint.





This was suppose to be White Chocolate Almond bark popcorn. It did NOT turn out very well. Matt over-cooked the chocolate and when we tried to melt white chocolate chips...it didn't end well. Luckily we saved some of the white almond bark and we used what we had left. You're supposed to follow the directions on the package but I got mine at Bulk Barn so there was no instructions and I didn't know exactly how to melt it. We...I mean I salvaged what I could and it was edible but there are big chunks of Candy Cane coated with over cooked chocolate. If you want to see the original go HERE

The only difference between the 2 kinds of popcorn, really, are that the bark has Almonds in it and real crushed Candy Canes. The 1st kind is just plain.




These are SUPER easy. Just get pretzels, place a Candy Cane Hershey kiss on them, place them in your oven at 170 for about 10 minutes. When they come out, press an M&M into them. Let cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy! I tried to do this last year but I over baked them and they didn't turn out very good. The kiss won't melt totally but they will be soft enough to put the candy on top.


I am really excited to make more stuff and will let you know when I do. Have you made anything that you've pinned?




1 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

I love pinterest. i need to start making some of the stuff i pin now.