My week this week started off rough. When we got home from Calgary I was unloading my car and when I went back out to get a second load, I tripped (I'm pretty sure on my high heels) and tumbled down our front steps and banged up my knee pretty good. I had it taped the next day, but it's still pretty tender. Needless to say, I won't be wearing heels for a while.
Conference was today. Growing up, my Mom always worked on a project during conference. Weather it was sewing matching dresses for us (please do not ask), or cuddle quilts after my Dad died, or as recently as card making or putting together each of my 3 sisters missionary binders...there's always a project. I sometimes have projects and sometimes I don't. This year I worked on 4 different projects. Wanna see?????
First, I downloaded (it's a free download)and printed off a General Conference Bingo from Oopsey Daisy. Then after the morning conference I went into town and got them laminated. Tanner is excited to use them for tomorrow.
Second, I bought fabric for 2 projects I'm working on. I'm not going to tell you who, what, when but they're going to be awesome (yes, I'm just a little excited)
Lastly, I had the "feathers" photocopied at the same time I got my laminating done and colored them and placed them on this turkey. We are using this for our daily scripture in the morning. This month is all about being grateful (after all it is Thanksgiving next week for us Canadians). Each scripture (on the back of the feather) has a thing to be thankful for, so we'll be plucking the turkey this month...lol. The turkey is an enlargement and I put it on a ceiling board (I'm sure they have a specific name, but I don't know what it is). I will be laminating these this week too.
I also photocopied stuff for 5 weeks worth of FHE lessons. I just have to color and laminate. I'm all about laminating for durability. We haven't been very good at having thought out FHE's. They're kind of put together last minute and I was feeling kind of let down by my lack of planning. So I thought about what it is I felt we needed to work on improving as a family and what reminders our family could benefit from and put the lessons together with any handout/visual aids needed. We are going to learn about being grateful, education, family, friends, and sabbath day observance.
Anyways, tomorrow I will be pretty much finishing the coloring and cutting out so everything can be ready to laminate next week.
I booked Tanner's birthday party for November and his party supplies came (via celebrateexpress.com) and we are all pretty excited to say the least. We're splurging a bit this year because....well, because we wanted to. Next year will be low key as we'll be up in Calgary for his baptism. We'll have a little party at home for him but the main focus will be on his baptism.
Tanner is such a happy boy and we just love him so much. I am not at all sad about him being 8 next year. I'm really excited and this is something that I've looked forward to for a long time. I do feel a slight pressure to teach him 'everything' but I know he'll make his own mistakes and learn from them and grow each lesson. He is so special to us and we really try to enjoy every moment with him.
Conference was really good today and I am looking forward to tomorrow.
3 years ago






2 comments:
Wow you sound like a super mom! Very cool turkey idea for October!
WOW!! Nice work. I didn't do anything!
Post a Comment