Yesterday we had testimony meeting because we missed it last Sunday. There were lots of people who were thankful for the service that was given to them because of the big snow storm. As I was thinking, I thought about how grateful I am to the people who helped us with cheerful attitudes. After talking to my Mom and realizing that no one even offered her help to dig out her garage...not a neighbor, not a member of her ward, no one, it made me think about how blessed I am to live in a community where everyone helps everyone else and that's just what we do. It makes me grateful that I DON'T live in a city...even Lethbridge. More positives just went on my list of things that make where I live a great place to live!
I have reflected a lot on the last year and this year has been for sure one of my top 5 years. 2000 was one: married! 2003 another: Tanner born 2008:Emerson coming into the family and 2009: turning 30. This has been a wonderful year filled with, I feel, much growth for all of my family. I am looking forward to a new year with, hopefully, more growth (read:maturity), more love, more joy, more learning, more fun/sad/challenging times. I am sad to be saying goodbye to my Primary kids. I had a rough patch with them but I have really grown to love them and have love, love, loved teaching them.
We are making and decorating Sugar cookies tonight...most likely just making and decorating tomorrow. We have also had a p.j. party and watched 'The Flinstones Christmas Carol, 'The Muppets Christmas Carol', and 'A Christmas Carol' (the first, black and white version). I have never seen any of those. I have seen a version of the Christmas carol, but I can't remember which one it was. I have also seen the actual play twice. I LOVED it! You must go if you can. It is well worth the money and it's such a neat experience.
In process of making the cookies
The decorated cookies
Saturday, we went to the Temple in the bad weather. It took us 55 minutes (normally 35 minutes) because we drove so slowly. I love the Temple and I love that Matt and I have made a commitment to make it a priority in our life. We have truly benefited and been blessed because of it.
We went today and picked out our yearly Christmas tree ornament. We decided that every year, since we moved, we would pick a new ornament as a family. The first year I picked a stocking. Last year Tanner picked a glass tree, and this year Matt picked a snow filled snowman ornament/ball. None of them match the Blue and Silver decor that is on our tree, but each ornament has special memories from that year.
Well, that's all we've been up to for now. I am starting to get really excited for Christmas. I will be back tomorrow and Wednesday and then on Thursday is Tanner's school Concert!!!!! I can not even convey the joy and excitement I feel for this. I am close to floating on air. My little boy, in his first school concert...ahhhhh....So much more to look forward to!
3 years ago






2 comments:
Lovely post. I like your idea to buy an ornament every year.
None of our ornaments match either, but it makes them easy to pick our on the tree and bring back the memories. Before you know it you will have so many you will forget about certain ones until you pull them out of the box!
Post a Comment