Lots has been happening in the last week or so. We started our advent Calendar. We have gone to the ward party, started the nice jar, put up the tree and decorations, gone to the old fashioned Christmas (Matt took Tanner because it was so stinkin cold out), written to Santa (okay, we haven't done this one yet, but we will tonight), we were supposed to go to the First Presidency Broadcast, but Church was cancelled so we assumed they didn't show the broadcast here, and today we are making cookies and taking them to someone in need.
Last week was a busy one. The best day was Wednesday. Susanne and I drove up to Calgary and went with my sister, Megan, to So You Think You Can Dance Canada Tour!!!! Megan and I screamed and screamed and then we screamed some more. Susanne did lots of screaming too. It was so much fun! Susanne is the only friend I've ever travelled with and she is great company. It's nice to be able to travel/vacation with people that you can be yourself around. My sister Megan is so fun. She was like a kid in a candy store. I have only ever seen the American version of the show so all the dances were new to me because I didn't watch the Canadian version of the show. Megan and Susanne knew what dance every one was and could tell me if it was a good one or not. So that was fun. I'm glad we went.
(some random Christmas shots)
Then on Thursday I got on e-mail that one of my other best friends had her baby. I am so excited for them. It is their third baby and they have all boys. Congrats again, Jamie! I always get so excited when my friends have babies.
On Friday we went to a fabulous Christmas party. It was soooooo much fun. I had a blast. We played 2 truths and a lie and then did a gift game. It was hilarious. It was an adult only party so that was nice to get out without Tanner for a few hours. Tanner went to the Bishops house and he said he loved it there and it's his favorite place because one of their boys has Star Wars Lego. So he was in heaven. Santa may have to do a small trip to the store to get some Star Wars Lego...lol.
On Saturday it was crazy!!! Tons of blowing snow and coldness.
Everyone seems to have a "cold day" story and ours is not very exciting but here it is anyhow...when Matt went to do the papers on Saturday morning and the car got stuck just as he pulled off the drive way...so it was sitting on the road. I suggested to Matt that he call his friend and ask to borrow his quad to deliver the papers. So he did and his friend was so gracious and lent Matt one of his quads. Then as we got talking I thought of when the night came and our car sitting, half covered by snow drifts, on the road. So I suggested we try to get it onto the driveway and call and see if someone could help us. Lucky for me I have a best friend who's husband has a shovel on his quad and was happy to come and help us. So we finally got the car on the driveway and we are so thankful for the help that was given to us. We had to have the car towed backwards onto the middle of the road to get a "run" onto the driveway, but it worked! Then we went over to Susanne's house and ate, watched footloose (my first time ever!) and played games. It was a blast.
They cancelled church here on Sunday and that was kind of weird. But all in all, it's been a great week-ten days. Matt came home Thursday night and that was wonderful.
So ever onward. It's suppose to be cold for the next couple of days so we'll have inside days.
3 years ago






1 comments:
I haven't heard of church getting cancelled very often but when my oldest was just a week old there was a huge storm (in April!) and they cancelled church. The week before was super warm and we went to church without coats. Typical Calgary weather!
Post a Comment