Friday, October 10, 2008

clothe the naked

First off, a little story. When I know we are going to Calgary, I usually pack about 3-4 days in advance. Sometimes it's a week in advance. I know...crazy right??? Anyway, so I packed and got all our outfits together for this weekend including Sunday clothes that I don't pack, I just leave on the hanger. So last night when I was packing the car, I was so proud of myself thinking...I have everything, I haven't forgotten anything this time. WRONG!!! When we were in between Vulcan and Mossleigh I realized that I had forgotten our Church clothes at home in the front closet...(eyes rolling) so we are figuring things out as to where we will borrow clothes because we certainly don't have money to buy anything. Life...

Next, I've been tagged. I was actually tagged a long time ago, I just didn't have the time to sit down and do it so I'm doing it now.

My 3 Joys:

My family
Music
The Church

My 3 Fears:

Being alone in the dark
Losing someone I love, especially Matt and Tanner
That I will not live up to my potential

My 3 Current Obsessions:

Card making
Tanner
Gilmore Girls

My 3 Surprising Facts:

I have been wearing my contacts a lot more lately
I have already volunteered in Tanner's class twice
I just saw that my Mom has the new stampin up fall/winter 2008 catalogue and I'm a little jealous.

Mine and Matt's date night was fabulous! We are learning to dance...jive, waltz, cha cha. It's a weekly thing so I am really looking forward to it because I've always wanted to do it. Matt and I are the youngest couple there by far. How do I know??? Everyone else has all grey hair or has grown kids. It makes me happy to dance and I always wanted to learn to do that kind of stuff. I know how to jive and my family and I took line/country dance classes when my Mom was engaged but then we never got to show off our stuff. So I'm pretty stoked about doing this with Matt. Plus, it free! You can't go wrong there.

Anyways, that's all for now. Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

where did you find free dance classes, and more importantly, HOW DID YOU GET YOUR HUSBAND TO GO WITH YOU????????

Sharon said...

Sorry, I hit "publish" too soon. I wasn't saying anything about Matt, I was just shocked that a man in general would be so willing to go...

Mandy said...

sure sure, sharon...lol. Matt is happy to try anything so I didn't have to twist his arm at all. Plus he gets to have time with just me so if I wanted to go to a ballet or weird artsty fartsy thing, he'd go with me just to be with me. They do them at the Taylor Street Chapel on Friday's from 7:30-9. I am pretty sure he'll do them again when this session is over so I'll let you know. He teaches the youth lessons just before us. It's brother Shirts (I don't know if that's the right spelling.) The next class is the 17th and that's the last class that he's willing to allow more people to come so if you can come, it's at 7:30 at the Taylor Street Chapel. It's a lot of fun. Anyways, talk to Tyler and see if he'd be willing to do it.

Jamie said...

Sounds like fun!