This Sunday and last Sunday were the best Sunday's I've had in forever! I went last week and this week to the ward that meets at 9am because Tanner's been sick and so I wanted to make sure I got to take the Sacrament but then I got there and everyone was so welcoming so I decided to stay for all the meetings. What a great treat! I wish I could do that every Sunday but I don't think I'm allowed....am I?????
Tanner has Scarlett Fever. It's basically strep throat on his body...or so I've been told. So today is his last day of isolation at home and then tomorrow he gets to go to school. YeaH!!! We are all very excited. He LOVES school and is quite sad when he has to miss it. He's been on an antibiotic since Thursday night so thankfully that has helped him. You know, I'm all for natural, holistic care but I do believe that there is a time and place for "real" medicine. I try not to run to the doctor for a prescription at every little cough or cold. Tanner is more susceptible to respiratory things because he had RSV when he was 12 1/2 months old, but we've been pretty fortunate so far. He's in pretty good spirits and was only really miserable on Friday. Well, not miserable, but grumpy and "naughty"...for lack of a better word.
Side note: Yes, Jamie, poundage is a real word...it's MY real word ; )
We attended the 4H basketball tournament on Thursday night and then I went on Friday to watch our senior boys loose. I will not discuss my opinion about small town sports on my blog because I have to live and work here. Let's just leave it at that. If you really care to know, then e-mail me ; )
I ran in the Moonlight run on Saturday. I did not train AT ALL for it. I haven't been on my treadmill for about 2 months and boy did I pay for it! My legs were so sore that I could barely walk yesterday and today. Luckily I have a great Chiropractor that adjusted me and now I feel like a human being and not a robot walking blob. Anyways, my time was 52:48. Not as good as my last one, but all I wanted was to come in under an hour. I did it mostly for fun (even though now, I am thinking it wasn't fun because of the pain...but that's my own fault). I knew lots of people who ran in it this year and I am so proud of them...especially Sharon and Susanne. They did awesome and it was so nice to share the night with them.
Well, I think that's about all for now. It's been a busy couple of weeks.
3 years ago






2 comments:
I didn't know you could even get scarlett fever anymore!! Didn't people use to die from that!?
Scarlet Fever?? Crazy! I hope he's doing alright. Isn't it nice to go to a ward where you feel so welcome? Wish ALL wards were like that ;)
Post a Comment