Tuesday, February 2, 2010

CAN ANYONE HELP THEM?

There's a family in the states that needs some immediate help and I hope that by posting this someone, somewhere can help them. She babysat us when we were kids and his Mom is in our ward.

You can read their story/situation here

We had a really fun start to the weekend. Matt and I went to our Celebrity party on Friday night and it was SO much fun! I think I would have had more fun if I hadn't been feeling crummy. I had a bit of a head cold and so I was suffering, mildly. Then on Saturday morning Matt and I had plans to go to the Temple and when I woke up, I could barely open my eyes because the light hurt my head so badly. So I went back to bed and Matt went without me...which was fine. We're going again in 2 weeks. We are going on our first date this Friday. We're going to dinner. I don't know where, but I'm excited. We have made it a goal this year to go on a date every month. It's hard when life gets busy and you have other commitments to add that to your plate but I know that it's important and so we are making time for what's important...dating! Last year our goal was to go to the Temple every month and we did it and it was surprisingly easier that I thought it would be. We just marked down the day every month that we were going to go and that's when we went. This year we marked down in the calendar our date night every month, plus our temple day. Even though going to the temple is a wonderful thing, it's not the same as a date. We may go on 2 dates this month because I still haven't seen Avatar and I really want to.

I'm usually really against and I strongly resist going to movies that are so hyped up because they usually end up disappointing me...plus they're mostly boring for me (ie Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter) so I just don't go. But my sister said that I would really like it and so I am putting my trust in her and hoping it will be what I expect it to be.

January really flew by and I know that this month will too because it's a short month. That means we're closer to spring...my favorite time of year. Spring always brings newness and it reminds me so much of the Resurrection of the Savior. I always look forward to Spring.

Kristi wrote on her blog recently that she is "head over heels in love with her life" and I thought to myself, what a wonderful thing it is to be so happy and in love with your life. I only wish more people were like that. I believe that being happy is a choice and that happy people exemplify Christ like characteristics. I heard recently that being healthy affects how a person is happy and I think that is true. Some may disagree with that, but for me I think it's true. Even though we are all given challenges and tried and tested, we can choose for ourselves how we're going to let those things affect us. We can choose to let those trials make us stronger and happier or we can allow them to tear us down and make us miserable and unhappy. I hope that we will all try better to choose happiness because there really isn't anything like being truly happy.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

What a positive post!! Glad you are happy. How are things? Anything new to share? :)

ThurberGang said...

Thanks for your support, Mandy - I really appreciate you posting the link on your blog. . . hope all is well with you.

-Hilary.